Quality, Food Safety and Energy Policy
ELECTROQUÍMICA DE HERNANI, S.A. (EHER) guarantees quality and food safety of its products and the improvement of the energy performance through the following certified management systems:
- ISO 9001:2015 which applies to the production and distribution of derivatives from the membrane chlorine electrolysis and chlorate electrolysis: chlorine, caustic soda, sodium hypochlorite, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen, sodium chlorate and trichloroisocyanuric acid.
- ISO 22000:2018 system, whose scope includes production of sodium hydroxide by membrane cell electrolysis and hydrochloric acid obtained by direct synthesis for use as additives in the food industry and its distribution by tankers.
- ISO 50001:2018 which applies to the production of derivatives from the membrane chlorine electrolysis and chlorate electrolysis: chlorine, caustic soda, sodium hypochlorite, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen, sodium chlorate and trichloroisocyanuric acid.
The principles of EHER's quality, food safety and energy policy, which must be considered within the main actions, are the following:
- Ensure the satisfaction of the interested parties and the compliance with the mutually agreed requirements.
- Establish measurable quality, food safety and energy objectives to maintain continuous improvement within the organisation, and periodically revising these objectives and promoting actions to achieve them.
- Analyse objectives, non-conformities, customer complaints, audit results and any information sources detected in order to know the strengths and weaknesses of the integrated system and be able to develop actions to address risks and opportunities.
- Guarantee all personnel the level of training necessary for the correct and safe development of their activities.
- Promote awareness and motivation of our own personnel, subcontractors and suppliers on the importance of the implementation and development of a quality, food safety and energy management system that meets the expectations of the organisation.
- Provide the organisation with the necessary means and resources to comply with the applicable legislation.
- Effectively manage and control the entire production process through continuous improvement, ensuring quality, safety and management and efficiency of the energy resources from the moment the raw material enters our company until the product is delivered to our customers.
- Minimize the environmental impact of our activities and properly manage potentially hazardous materials to the environment.
- Promote good practices in energy use to ensure awareness of workers and contractors.
- Support the purchase and design of products and services to improve energy performance.
- The Quality, food Safety and energy Policy will be available, communicated to interested parties as appropriate, and reviewed and maintained as documented information.
The above principles are assumed by the Management of ELECTROQUIMICA DE HERNANI, S.A. who has the necessary means and provides its employees with sufficient resources for their compliance.
Code of Conduct for Suppliers
The objective of this Code of Conduct is to disseminate and promote the values of ELECTROQUIMICA DE HERNANI, S.A. (EHER) in its supply chain and that the supplier companies act in accordance with them.
EHER reserves the right to terminate the contractual relationship with those suppliers that breach the principles of action contained in this document.
Principles of Action
EHER's values, which are intended to be extended to suppliers to strengthen stable, ethical and sustainable business relationships are:
COMPLIANCE WITH LEGALITY
EHER expects its suppliers to always comply with the applicable legislation in the countries in which they operate, also in their actions with the authorities and public representatives. Furthermore, EHER expects from its suppliers a clear commitment against money laundering and the prosecution of related actions.
EHER expects its suppliers to undertake not to disclose and protect the confidential information to which they may have access as a result of the business relationship, particularly personal data.
INTEGRITY AND TRANSPARENCY
EHER expects its suppliers to act with transparency in the development of the commercial relationship and not to carry out any practice of corruption or bribery in their activities, in any of its forms.
RESPECT FOR PEOPLE AND HUMAN RIGHTS
EHER expects from its suppliers a general commitment to respect internationally recognized human rights.
EHER expects its suppliers to commit to providing decent working conditions for their employees and guarantees of health and safety at work.
EHER expects its suppliers to guarantee non-discriminatory treatment of their employees regardless of their sex, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, origin, marital status, social condition, pregnancy status, degree of disability and other legally protected circumstances.
EHER expects its suppliers to respect and care for the environment, acting in accordance with the provisions of the laws and regulations on environmental protection.