ELECTROQUÍMICA DE HERNANI, S.A. (EHER) guarantees Quality and Food Safety through the following certified management systems:
- ISO 9001:2015 which applies to the production and distribution of derivatives from the membrane chlorine electrolysis and chlorate electrolysis: chlorine, caustic soda, sodium hypochlorite, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen, sodium chlorate and trichloroisocyanuric acid.
- ISO 22000:2018 system, whose scope includes production of sodium hydroxide by membrane cell electrolysis and hydrochloric acid obtained by direct synthesis for use as additives in the food industry and its distribution by tankers.
The principles of EHER's Quality and Safety Policy, which must be considered within the main actions, are the following:
- Ensure the satisfaction of the interested parties and the compliance with the mutually agreed requirements.
- Establish measurable quality and food safety objectives to maintain continuous improvement within the organisation, and periodically revising these objectives and promoting actions in order to achieve them.
- Analyse objectives, non-conformities, customer complaints, audit results and any information sources detected in order to know the strengths and weaknesses of the integrated system, and be able to develop actions to address risks and opportunities.
- Guarantee all personnel the level of training necessary for the correct and safe development of their activities.
- Promote awareness and motivation of our own personnel, subcontractors and suppliers on the importance of the implementation and development of a Quality and Food Safety System that meets the expectations of the organisation.
- Provide the organisation with the necessary means and resources to comply with the applicable legislation.
- Effectively manage and control the entire production process through continuous improvement, ensuring quality and safety from the moment the raw material enters our company until the product is delivered to our customers.
- Minimize the environmental impact of our activities and properly manage potentially hazardous materials to the environment.
- The Quality and Safety Policy will be available, communicated to interested parties as appropriate, and reviewed and maintained as documented information.
The above principles are assumed by the Management of ELECTROQUIMICA DE HERNANI, S.A. who has the necessary means and provides its employees with sufficient resources for their compliance.